Me and my medals =)
This is race week. I'm going to try and keep it simple short runs so I don't burn myself out and also because I'm still not 100% better from my illness.
2/14- 4.5miles/8:32 pace/ 37:44minutes total
2/16- 5 miles/ 8:00 pace/ 40 minutes total
2/17- 4.5 miles/ 8:32 pace/ 37:44 minutes total
2/20- 13.1 miles/ 8:35 pace/ 1 hour 52 minutes
Race Details
So a little bragging here but, I'm proud of myself. I had my first race yesterday. It was freezing and really windy. The race route wasn't exactly like they had said it was when I signed up. I was prepared for a paved trail with just a few portions of gravel/dirt. It ended up being the first three miles was all that was paved. The rest was very pot holed gravel and dirt. I wasn't sure how or even if I would make it through considering I haven't got over my cold and was up for two hours during the night with Brynn and Parker.
My first three miles I think I did so good since it was paved and I was freezing and had the energy. My pace was a 7:27 minute mile. After mile 3 and the pavement ended my pace slowed I continued right between 7:50 - 8:15 until about mile 10. I thought I was dying at that point, I had run out of energy. My only goal was to stay where I was in line with the rest of the people, not let anyone pass me, basically stay with the pack. Luckily they all had started to slow down too. My last couple miles were right around 9 minute pace.
I crossed the finish line at 1 hour 52 minutes. I was disappointed. When I got to the race I had decided I would be happy if I could finish between 1 hour 40 minutes to 1 hour 50 minutes. I had done my math wrong on what my mileage pace would be with that. So anyway, when I finished I looked at all my miles on my watch and saw my pace per mile I realized I actually did pretty good. My overall pace was 8:35 minutes per mile. Not bad for a race on gravel and dirt.
Then I went over to check the list of finishers and they told me I had won a medal.... SAY WHAT?! I won third place in my age group and I was the 8th female to finish overall. So, I have to say it was fun to do and I'll definitely be doing more races from now on. I just need to remember to bring some replenishment for during the race and I think I will do better.
My first three miles I think I did so good since it was paved and I was freezing and had the energy. My pace was a 7:27 minute mile. After mile 3 and the pavement ended my pace slowed I continued right between 7:50 - 8:15 until about mile 10. I thought I was dying at that point, I had run out of energy. My only goal was to stay where I was in line with the rest of the people, not let anyone pass me, basically stay with the pack. Luckily they all had started to slow down too. My last couple miles were right around 9 minute pace.
I crossed the finish line at 1 hour 52 minutes. I was disappointed. When I got to the race I had decided I would be happy if I could finish between 1 hour 40 minutes to 1 hour 50 minutes. I had done my math wrong on what my mileage pace would be with that. So anyway, when I finished I looked at all my miles on my watch and saw my pace per mile I realized I actually did pretty good. My overall pace was 8:35 minutes per mile. Not bad for a race on gravel and dirt.
Then I went over to check the list of finishers and they told me I had won a medal.... SAY WHAT?! I won third place in my age group and I was the 8th female to finish overall. So, I have to say it was fun to do and I'll definitely be doing more races from now on. I just need to remember to bring some replenishment for during the race and I think I will do better.

No comments:
Post a Comment