Well I decided this morning that I was going to start this blog to track my running progress. It's honestly more for me to keep track of what I'm doing and to see how far I've come.
A little history, back in junior high I thought I could be a runner. My best friend Kelsey and I decided we would join the track team.... well that didn't work out considering we couldn't even run a mile without stopping to rest and we ran over a 13 mile minute. Sad yes we know. So, I gave up that dream until my husband Chris graduated the Highway Patrol Academy. He was running five miles while in the academy.
So, we moved to the bay area and I thought well I want to be in shape and it's something we could do as a family. Load the kids in the stroller and go for a run. Sounds simple enough. It wasn't. I still couldn't go much farther than a mile without thinking I was going to die. I kept at it this time. I finally was able to do about 2 miles before we moved again.
When we moved to our next house I started going to the gym. I tried all the ellipticals and it just wasn't for me. I decided to give the treadmill a try and to my amazement I made it three miles, no stopping, no walking. I was hooked.
Since July I've been running at least four times a week. I try to go six but, that doesn't always happen. I have slowly moved up to 5-7 miles each run. With the once a week long run of 10 miles. I'm hoping to bump it up so that I can run a few marathons this year.
My first race will be in March a 10 mile run, just for fun. I know I can run 10 miles but, I'd like to make my time better.
Anywho, that is why I have this blog and I'll record each week of what I have ran.
Week of 12/27- 1/2
12/27- 7.17 miles/ 57:32 min/ 8:01 mile pace
12/29- 3.08 miles/24:57 min/ 8:06 mile pace
12/30- 4.75 miles/ 36:01/ 7:58 mile pace
Yes this past week sucked.... but I can say I had to slow down a bit. We all got sick. I ended up going to the doctor and have a sinus infection and ear infection and am on antibiotics now. So, maybe this next week I can get back into it, full speed ahead!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment